On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Steve Sawyer <ssawye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Tom - however, I completely removed the Django 1.5 folders prior to
> installing Django 1.6, so unless there are Django components installed
> outside of those folders, I should be good.
>
> It seems that I might have something mis-configured. I have the http.cookies
> module and I've done everything I can think of to ensure that it can be
> found by Python, but so far I'm not having any luck. I think this is the
> issue, and it may not be specific to Django at all.

Do you by chance have both Python 2.x and 3.x installed side by side?

Because http.cookies got added (or rather moved to that path) in Python 3.

If so, make sure you install Django to and with your chosen Python. It
could be that you installed it in Python3 but e.g. the python.exe
interpreter binary one that has precedence in your PATH is the 2.x
one, etc.

Also, don't simply try to use::

  django-admin.py startproject blah

because on Windows the options to get interpreted languages scripts
like django-admin.py to be transparently executed through their
respective  interpreter just like if they were simple apps are (still)
unreliable and ugly.

It's better to be explicit and simply specify the full path to both
you python.exe and to django-admin.py, e.g.::

  c:\python3.x\python c:\the\full\path\to\django-admin.py startproject blah

This (using python explicitly) is something we tried to make more
clear in some recent changes to the Django docs but I'm seeing now we
missed it some places.

HTH

--
Ramiro Morales