Hello!

I have a fairly large production database (about 40GB) and I want to
extract a sample of it as fixtures so I can use this sample for
development.

The optimal solution would be that I can give a number of auth_users to a
script, and it will extract all data neccessary to have a complete set of
data for the given users.

A plus would be, if the email addresses of the users would be anonymized
and the password would be set to some default password.

Has anybody used any of the fixture packages [1] available?
Can anybody recommend a package, or an approach on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Anton

1: https://www.djangopackages.com/grids/g/fixtures/

--