We have implemented a django based website that uses LDAP as the
authentication backend(using django-auth-ldap library). We have implemented
the following so far:

1> We can authenticate a user against the LDAP server
2> On succesful login, an entry is created in the AUTH_USER table, if it
does not exist. (Note: Passwords are not saved since it is considered as a
possible security "threat")
3> A certain section of people in the company are assigned `is_staff` flag
to True.

Now, we would like to allow these `is_staff = True` employees to be able to
login the admin site. However, since the passwords are not saved in the
database, we would have to redirect the authentication on the admin site to
use the same LDAP server.

Is it possible to change the authentication backed of the admin site to
point to the same LDAP server?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a1c32ff3-b647-44cc-b5be-f89d40f9a552%40googlegroups.com.