I'm not familiar with the method you mentioned - and don't think it should
work unless you establish a network connection through your USB connection,
amongst other things. In a basic sense, 0.0.0.0 is nonroutable if you try
to access it externally. That runserver command, if I remember correctly,
uses 0.0.0.0 to bind to all of your computer's IP addresses (so you can
access it externally). A simpler way than trying to network over USB would
be to connect your phone to the the same network (via wifi, unless that's
not an option), and open port 8000 to your development machine in its
firewall. Then determine that machine's public IP address (eg 1.2.3.4) and
enter that into your browser as 1.2.3.4:8000. Then it should come up on
your phone.
-Nick <n...@enviroconsumer.org>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAM1S3vCsYr-kO2Cz4FSGiVs-JX3LA5XBeV090EqiRd%2BmrVV1sw%40mail.gmail.com.