Django is just Python, after all, so you can use the same approach that you
would in "regular python scripts". "when a view is rendered" is a pretty
vague description of what you're aiming to profile. If your start point is
the request coming in to Django, and your stop point is the rendered
response exiting Django, then I'd write a piece of custom middleware. If,
on the other hand, you're aiming to profile a specific method of a view
(like rendering a template), then you'll want to target the method itself.
You could do this with a decorator if you're using FBVs, or a abstract base
class if you're using CBVs. This approach is nice because you're
abstracting away the profiling code which allows you to easily reuse it.

Hope this helps a little,
JDB

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Christopher Welborn <cjwelb...@live.com>wrote:

> My previous post was lengthy. I just need to find out how much memory
> is being used server-side when a view is rendered. I know it's possible
> to do this for regular python scripts, but I'm not sure how to measure
> my Django site. Django 1.6, Python 3.3, apache2, postgresql.
>

> Any help would be much appreciated, I won't mention it again if I
> don't receive an answer.
>
> --
>
> - Christopher Welborn <cjwelb...@live.com>
>   http://welbornprod.com

> msgid/django-users/l8di7q%24ig8%241%40ger.gmane.org.

Jonathan D. Baker
Developer
http://jonathandbaker.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAPMFOb6_wDcThapqXME%2Bi%2BKdLs1x7Ut3yXuMP-qMy92x_Z4rYw%40mail.gmail.com.