On Wed, Nov 13, 2013, Daniele Procida <dani...@vurt.org> wrote:

>The UK's first-ever Django conference will take place on the 7th-9th
>February 2014 in Cardiff, Wales.
>
><http://djangoweekend.org>
>
>The programme for the event:
>
>Friday: tutorials and demonstrations (also open to the public)
>Saturday: talks
>Sunday: code sprints and clinics
>
>The conference is Django-focused, but all of all aspects of Python fall
>within its remit - particularly in the tutorials and workshops.

Tickets are on sale (the £50 early-bird tickets are nearly sold out).

Tickets include meals and refreshments as well as other conference goodies.

We're accepting proposals for talks and tutorials. There'll be lightning talks
too. We want a wide range of talks, so don't hestitate to submit a proposal.

We have a number of tutorials already confirmed:

*   Test-driven development
*   Building asynchronous applications with Tornado and Django
*   Getting started as a contributor to open-source projects

One of the aims of this conference is to create a big Django/Python/open-source
software splash in Wales. Through our open-day activities we'll be showcasing
Django and Python to local government and business, university researchers and
students, local software developers and school teachers and pupils.

If you can put on a tutorial or demonstration that shows the power of
Python/Django to one of these audiences, please drop us a line.

A number of Django core developers are already attending, and we hope more will
confirm soon. They'll be there at the sprints and code clinics.

There are also several of super Django-using companies sponsoring the event.

There's information on international travel to Cardiff, discounted conference
accommodation and other things to do while you're here all on our website:
<http://djangoweekend.org>.

We hope to see you in Cardiff in February!

Daniele

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20131216080749.584415959%40smtp.ntlworld.com.