I am using postgres as my database. I have a model called Invoice with a
datetime field. I get an error when I run the query:

Invoice.objects.datetimes('date_field','day')

The error is:

AttributeError: 'DateTimeQuery' object has no attribute 'tzinfo'

This happens when USE_TZ setting is set to True in my settings file.

I have read the documentation on django docs about datetimes query and it
says that when using postgres pytz is not required. But I installed pytz
anyway and tried again but still got the error.

When I set USE_TZ to false the query runs fine and there are no errors.

I found this ticket on django website which reports this error but I do not
know how to use the patch it talks about.

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21432

Can someone please tell me how to run the query without errors with
USE_TZ=True.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/69c7acec-de92-4d72-9921-3a7c278a11b3%40googlegroups.com.