On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a model that I need to add some custom javascript processing to
> its admin form, which is this:
>
> class CategoryAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
>     radio_fields = {"data_path_ip": admin.HORIZONTAL}
>     list_display = ('name', 'event_path', 'data_path', 'file_spec',
> 'data_path_ip')
>     list_filter = ('name', 'event_path', 'data_path', 'file_spec',
> 'data_path_ip')
> admin.site.register(Category, CategoryAdmin)
>
> Where (i.e. in what template) would I put this js code in?

I found this:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.5/ref/contrib/admin/#overriding-admin-templates
so I created my own change_form.html, and I overrode
object-tools-items and put my js in there, but I'm not seeing it when
I go to the change form. Then, just as a test, I put it directly into
the real django change_form.html, but still nothing. Then to see if
that template is being used, I changed it - added data, created syntax
errors, but still, it had no effect. So it seems like that template
isn't being used at all. But the HTML sure looks like it came from
that template. Can anyone give me some direction here please.

Thanks!
-larry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CACwCsY5hFfS%2BGJ928Edcr-LgGJyDqdVhjDRmc-br5pPdxpwLQA%40mail.gmail.com.