I would say it's very actively developed and supported.

In 2010 release 1.1 was the newest stable. Currently it's 1.6 with 1.7
due in 3-4 months. Wikipedia shows that in those years:

1.2 17 May 2010 Multiple db connections, CSRF, model validation
1.3 23 Mar 2011 Class based views, static files
1.4 23 Mar 2012 Timezones, in browser testing, app templates
1.5 26 Feb 2013 Python 3 Support, configurable user model
1.6 6 Nov 2013 Dedicated to Malcolm Tredinnick, db transaction
management, connection pooling

 - In the upcoming 1.7 release, migrations are moving into the
mainline (used to be an app called South)
 - the tutorial docs are still the premier example of how docs should
be done for new comers to software
 - the code itself is still very well documented in terms of APIs, the
IRC channel and this email list are both busy and helpful
 - almost every deprecated function happens because it's being
replaced with a super sized version of itself
 - community strong enough that the two BDFL have been able to step down

Check out the Two Scoops of Django too - a great follow up doc to the
tutorial, goes into a variety of best practices that have been
developed over the years.

L.

On 25 January 2014 10:04, Bobby Roberts <tchend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi group.  I've been out if the django world for over four years.  I am going
> to rebrand and replatform away from classic asp.   Don't laugh.  Yes I know
> it's sad.  Without telling me how good django is, what has changed in the
> last four year that should make me choose django as my new platform?  Are
> they still actively developing it ?  Just looking for honest feedback, not a
> sales pitch.   Thanks in advance

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/fdc1d112-a509-4996-93ee-d56a8c799d7f%40googlegroups.com.

>From this perspective it is natural that anarchism be marked by
spontaneity, differentiation, and experimentation that it be marked by
an expressed affinity with chaos, if chaos is understood to be what
lies outside or beyond the dominant game or system. Because of the
resistance to definition and categorisation, the anarchist principle
has been variously interpreted as, rather than an articulated
position, “a moral attitude, an emotional climate, or even a mood”.
This mood hangs in dramatic tension between utopian hope or dystopian
nihilism...
-----
http://zuihitsu.org/godspeed-you-black-emperor-and-the-politics-of-chaos

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAGBeqiMt1mfGEGbxEg0%2B6%2BW6mMBfkUZL0VuuYGB6-DDQFBX5qg%40mail.gmail.com.