Hi ,
You can take a look at the following GIST :
https://gist.github.com/aregee/6310787
I have two projects , that implement the Token based authentication.
I have used Django Tastypie for rolling out the RESTful apis and since
tastypie offers ApiKeyAuthentication() method , on the client side I have
used AngularJS. My gist link contains factory session service for angularJs
that stores the user details ie: Api Key and username in the browser cache.
For every request the angular code makes to server , it appends the api key
to headers.

Code quality is not really very great , but I think you can get a brief
idea.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Project Repos :
https://github.com/aregee/moksaya