Hmm, you'r right, I think I'm getting confused and attributed the error to
something it isn't.  Ive just ran the test after changing all the polls to
the future, and I still get the errors.  The errors are as follows:

FAIL: test_index_view_with_a_future_poll (polls.tests.PollViewTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Alienware\Dropbox\coding
stuff\web\django\mysite\polls\tests.py", line 75, in
test_index_view_with_a_fu
ture_poll
    self.assertContains(response, "No polls are available.",
status_code=200)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py", line 351,
in assertContains
    msg_prefix + "Couldn't find %s in response" % text_repr)
AssertionError: Couldn't find 'No polls are available.' in response

FAIL: test_index_view_with_no_polls (polls.tests.PollViewTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Alienware\Dropbox\coding
stuff\web\django\mysite\polls\tests.py", line 54, in
test_index_view_with_no_p
olls
    self.assertContains(response, "No polls are available.")
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py", line 351,
in assertContains
    msg_prefix + "Couldn't find %s in response" % text_repr)
AssertionError: Couldn't find 'No polls are available.' in response

Ran 8 tests in 0.037s

FAILED (failures=2)
Destroying test database for alias 'default'...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/7beb683a-9a3f-4eef-a033-40b07db32761%40googlegroups.com.