On Thursday, 13 February 2014 20:47:58 UTC, Malik Rumi wrote:

> Glyn, I am following your guide but when I get to LoadModule I have run
> into 'Permission Denied'. As soon as I finished with 'make install' the
> system reported back that wsgi.so was chmod 644. I tried sudo chmod o+w and
> did not get an error but I still get permission denied when trying to load
> this module even if I precede the load command with sudo. Can you help,
> please? Thanks.

You are being very badly advised here. Firstly, for someone without
sysadmin experience, Heroku is a *much* better bet than trying to set up an
AWS server from scratch. Gondor is an equivalent alternative to Heroku.

Secondly, even if you do go with AWS, there's absolutely no call to be
compiling mod_wsgi from scratch. If you're using an up-to-date version of
Ubuntu, which you should be, you can simply install mod_wsgi via apt-get.
Not only will that take away the problems if compiling it, it will have the
advantage of security updates provided via the distribution, rather than
relying on you to re-download and compile.
--
DR.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d4e9f260-c8fc-4c33-8e49-d76ca42aa42f%40googlegroups.com.