Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself, If NOT interested to learn about me then goto
question please:

my name is Yannick and I’m a web developer specializing in
Coldfusion...Pretty sure some of you have no clue what is Coldfusion...Let
say it is a dead language with probably less than 0.001% of the programming
community still using it.

I’m here because I felt it was time for me to jump ship and I was looking
for a new language to learn and because I’m a big fan-boy of Google API and
their products and I've noticed that Python was one of their official
language so I took a look at it and right away I saw the light at the end
of the room.

Now that I found the language to use for eternity and beyond I needed the
ship to get me there and Django just felt like the fastest ride to get me
to my destination.

So with all those decisions made I've went threw the beautiful and so well
written for newbie tutorial from http://www.tangowithdjango.com/ and now
I’m ready to start writing my first project.

*QUESTIONS FOR U:*

Before I start my project I just want to make sure I follow the best Coding
Guidelines and use the best project folder layout structure for the long
run.

The right project folder layout structure?

I've done some research for choosing the best folder layout structure and I
found this
tutorial<http://timmyomahony.com/blog/updated-django-project-structure-or-folder-layout/>and
 since no one added comments to it I just wanted to make sure with
knowledge people that it was a good approach for the long run since it is a
little different from the proposed Django layout. Also I was looking at
splitting up my models over multiple files instead of populating one
models.py file (see pic bellow). This would for me make it easier to
maintain and more organized then doing CRTL-F all the time.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Tw1_4YcNxRA/U0wmUEwlOHI/AAAAAAABCCQ/kqo9ZzJutt0/s1600/new-django-layout-active-20bfd9a743ce004f61abfbda81888a4e.jpg>

And for my models

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vh9rY61gSY0/U0wnS75LtpI/AAAAAAABCCY/VMco_8Mb-SI/s1600/Work_026.png>

So expect to see me here a lot and one day I hope I will be able to give
back to the community and help the new kids on the block.

Oh yeah and I've already started to do my part in helping the community
because I got my Django 1.7 Release Tee (http://teespring.com/django17).

Long live Django and thanks to the djancoders (“Ok just made that one up”)
 for your help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/194997e0-343c-4a14-8b58-63f33c4ce7af%40googlegroups.com.