On 10/10/06, patrickk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is it possible to store the call for a templatetag in the database?
>
> we´re having a sidebar which consists of templatetags only. now, we´d
> like the user to be able to move different sections up and down or
> even delete that section.
> the sidebar looks like:
>
> {% CommentsUser userid %}
> {% TagsUser userid %}
> {% OwnEntry 123 %}
> {% LatestComments userid %}
> {% FlickrStuff userid %}
>
> the only way I can think of letting the user change the sidebar is to
> store it in the database.
> problem is, when I store a templatetag in the database, it´s being
> displayed as text and not treated as a templatetag.
>
> any ideas?

You probably want to store a custom sidebar template for each user in
the database. What you need is a template loader which pulls the
correct template from the db so it can be included in the page. See
ticket 632 [1] for such a loader. There was some discussion regarding
that in this thread [2]. Although, I'm not sure how you would pass the
current user to the loader.

[1]: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/632
[2]:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/28a15de5843711d8