Hi,

django-allauth will work for your needs. Give it a try.

http://django-allauth.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

V.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Frankline <fraogo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking of developing a web application where users will have to
> login by their email address instead of using their usernames.
>
> Now I know I can do this by writing my own auth backend, but I'm just
> curious how the rest of you handle this. Do you normally use third party
> packages to handle this instead of writing a custom backend? If so, what
> packages would you recommend that are actively maintained?
>
> Any disadvantages to writing my own custom backend?
>
> Thanks.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAEAUGdUV44ZjMQCxiaVk_Ok9H5SbLP3jfc_rv-vEUsHrtZWmgw%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAEAUGdUV44ZjMQCxiaVk_Ok9H5SbLP3jfc_rv-vEUsHrtZWmgw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo da Vinci
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAPiONwnMnUtYLn1f%3D6UCK2SGq7vL1kAjzAgKhWLjqR3ET%3Dn7%2Bg%40mail.gmail.com.