On 10/10/06, Panos Laganakos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've written a suggestion, about creating a vim plugin that will aid in
> the django development process for the Vim users.
>
> Read the suggestion on django's wiki:
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/UsingVimWithDjango
>
> I don't 'speak' Ex/Exim, so if a django user is familar with it and
> would like to integrate this, it would be great. Else I suppose I'll
> give it a go myself.

Well as a fan of Django, Python, Vim, the Project plugin and plugin
writting I think this sounds like a great idea.

The project plugin allows for fairly easy creation of entries and Vim
allows the user to kick off system commands so a bit of glue to tie
the two together should allow something simple to be knocked up
quickly enough.

Some suggestions:

* Filter out __init__.py files and any other files not needed.
* Add new apps to INSTALLED_APPS (?)
* Allow the dev server to be run in a scratch buffer.

Just some ideas. Anyone looking at this should check out the
CreateEntriesFromDir() function in Project and the system() function
from Vim.

I'd be interesting in contributing so post here if you want a hand.

Regards,

Felix