Thanks for your answer, Avraham, I will look into the logfile to see if I can use that. I don't need any "pretty" display, just plain visitors data, and their comportement while they visit the website.

Is there someone else who'd have already done this sort of things, managing directly the statistics for his/her website?

Hélène