*Django not provides way to use inspectdb in a postgresql schema with name
different of "public"*

If you think this is an important feature and should be included in django,
Please send your considerations and use cases to the topic:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-developers/lSHrDFZM4lQ

If you do not know the concept of postgresql schema, please read:

​http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/ddl-schemas.html

This is an especially useful feature if you have to deal with the legacy
database and perhaps also for multiple-tenant

This is a feature requested for 8 years[1][2].

I think now is a good time to include it (into Django 1.8) due to the new
migration system (by Andrew Godwin [3]) and improved support for postgresql
(by Marc Tamlyn[4])

I think this is also valid for Oracle and MSSQL

I opened the new ticket to handle this specific feature:

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/22673

Excuse me for english, I'm still learning.

[1] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1051
[2] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6148
[3]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andrewgodwin/schema-migrations-for-django
[4]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mjtamlyn/improved-postgresql-support-in-django

--
Fábio C. Barrionuevo da Luz
Acadêmico de Sistemas de Informação na Faculdade Católica do Tocantins -

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/40e995cb-fe97-44ae-a3b0-255df4942a49%40googlegroups.com.