Hi there!
I didn't know where to ask. I'm doing Django for couple of years, and I
encountered following problem.

I'm doing a website which manages warehouse of company which lends music
instruments.

I have 3 types of products:
serial -> which exist only in amount of 1
countable -> which exist in many amounts, like for example jack cable -
they don't need information which one is broken for instance, so just
information how many can we take
*serial+countable* -> normally it doesn't matter which is which, in case
sth is lost or broken.

I'm using of course django admin to manage the data.

Let's call the  warehouse product Stuff
It's not a big problem to save the data and manage it, but I have some
specific requirements for serial+countable:
1. Reserve stuff for period of time. All 3 types in specific amount ( if
available at this time)
2. Move specific amount of items from one warehouse to another (for
instance one serial+countable object gets broken and we need to move them
to repair warehouse from main)
3. every serial+countable object should have own history of events +
comment history attached to it)
4. List of items (change_list in admin) shouldn't have 5 items of
serial+countable, just one, with listing of serial numbers and status of
each one of them inside the edit view.

What I achieved so far:
I have models:
Stuff
Event with M2M to Stuff which is through intermediate table with extra
count field. So I can check for two basic types of stuff how many are busy
at this time.

So far there is no any definition of serial+countable in the models except
for char choice field.

So there's a FK from Stuff to Warehouse model, which is not enough.

I hope my problem description is complete.

Thank you for any help.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c5ce27d0-187a-45fb-9afd-75b5ccc1cd3e%40googlegroups.com.