I'm writing an app that gathers images from other file sources and puts
them into a database.

To do this I have a model with an ImageField. When I set the field to
the filename, it doesn't quote it in the resulting SQL passed to the
backed.

Here is what I'm doing, exactly:

    doc.image = os.path.join(upload_to,'%s_%s_%s.%s' %
        (the_ad.ordernumber, doctype, doc.id, docext)
    )
    doc.save()

The sve() method gives an error tracing back to the UPDATE statement.
In the statement the 'image' field looks like
"image"=/path/to/the/file.ext, ...

What is the proper method to set this field?

Thanks,

Corey