I have a model with numerous objects. However, some of these objects have
sub-objects and some do not. When calling up an object with sub-objects,
(linked by a foreign key) I’d like to display

Object

1.    Sub object

2.    Sub object

And when the user requests an object with no subs, they get

Object

However, if I have a ‘get’ for objects in my view, I am going to get an
error for all objects that have sub objects.

Similarly, if I use a listview, I will get all the objects and sub objects
on one long page, which I don’t want.

My tentative solution is to put this in the template:

If objects with sub objects

{{List of linked sub objects}}

else

{{object}}

Assuming that works, my difficulty is with the view. How do I write it to
cover both situations without putting them in separate models?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/902668f2-22ef-4ba6-a234-dca1128a2e25%40googlegroups.com.