I'm looking for a DBA designer in Melbourne for some paid consulting.

I have a Django 1.6 prototype system working nicely with Postgres 9.1.

But it was designed as a proof-of-concept rather than a production system. I figured the project wouldn't actually get off the ground without funding and then I'd be able to hire someone to get serious about design perfection. In particular, distributed database versus monolithic and optional integration of external systems by some users plus parts which are shared among all users.

Well, it didn't work out the way I planned. Funding is still a way off and now I have people who want to use the prototype.

The consulting task is to determine if the design can be tweaked so it can be put into production. And if so, to so tweak it.

If I can't find someone in Melbourne I'll consider a remote consultant but I think the conversation bandwidth required would make remote less than ideal.

Thanks for any sympathy

Cheers

Mike

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/53ED8A54.8080001%40dewhirst.com.au.