Sorry I guess I should have focused the question better.

I have a working connector on my windows machine using django-pyodbc-azure

I can and will use this connector on the new Linux installation.

Since I have never tested this on a Linux machine yet, I wanted to see if
anyone had any successful experiences with this connector
or any other connector  on a Red Hat Linux box.

By the way I looked at the link below and the comments on the git page seem
that they are lagging behind on developing this package with
the current releases of both python and django

Thanks
Bob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b9c6c27b-a8d1-4161-b76c-fde9e2a99a90%40googlegroups.com.