>  UI other: bootstrap / kendo UI / dojo / jquery UI / ... ?
whatever you feel more comfortable, get something working first, but I
wouldn't use jqueryUI and wouldn't pay for kendo at least to begin, after I
got something working and the situation proves I need kendo I would buy it.

> JS framework: angularJS / backbone.js / ember ? (btw, I prefer
declarative over algorithmic coding)
If you need to start learning something I would choose angularjs, but if
you are already familiar or prefer something just use what you like

> BE API for browser FE: just pure django views or anything else?
what other option would you have other than django views?

> BE API for web services integrations: TastyPie? (API will have to be
versioned, I would like to have the auto documentation, too)
I like tastypie, but use it only if you actually need it

> Cache: reddit? memcached?
how would you use reddit for cache?

> BE - app server: Django (for sure :), Celery / Rabit MQ?
It seems you are confusing the things here, none of them are application
servers
django is a framework, the application itself would be using it
to serve the application I would use nginx+uwsgi, nginx is a webserver,
uwsgi is the application server

> Authentication: (it is not a social app, therefore the own login is
acceptable. Eventually there will be needed some sort of SSO from corporate
environment - how to do that?) + eventually python-social-auth for public
SSO (e.g. for SMEs, who use GApps?)
So don't worry for now, worry then, there are django apps for that, you can
plug additional auth backends later or even write your own

> Search: Whoosh? (there will be searchable cca 100 000 records, every
record is ala github ticket. Nevertheless search should form some sort of
group-based selection wizard, therefore I do not like the Haystack
limitations. Solr etc. seams to be overkill now.
My suggestions here is to create a stage server, populate and test with
some of the most popular, it looks like you already ruled out haystack
In any case this shouldn't influence on the alpha version, use the DB for
search for now, while you are only making the prototype after you start
seeing performance problems start looking for a dedicated engine, remember
the first 3 rules on optimizing

> BE - DB: PostgreSQL?
I like postgres, I strongly recommend it

> Deployment: Fabric?
yes, but on the other hand this doesn't have much meaning, fabric just
makes easier automating ssh commands, it doesn't provide recipes for
deployment, you still have to plan this

> Supporting: Sentry, New Relic?
what kind of support are you talking about?

> BE autotests: ???
>FE autotests: selenium?
unit tests are very nice, but if you have no experience on it you may waste
too much time learning this instead of making the product itself, ideally
you should have them before making a release, but make an alpha version
first and start thinking about them during beta

> CDN: google, maxcdn, other? (for JS, fonts etc.)
just serve them from your server, if you see performance problems after
releasing the first version you can consider them, and test.
this depends on your users location, before using CDN's make the content
cachable, in any case refer to the first 3 rules on optimizing

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFWa6tJ-98yFNawo875gDB-hGkGPJzkgUYeDZ%3Ddqn5G8%2B_%2BU6g%40mail.gmail.com.