I have a separate daemon running as root that generates cached image tiles
per user for a map. For now it creates them under /tmp/tile_cache. When it
creates a new tile cache it changes the UID and GID to the apache user (on
Fedora) and also gives everyone access to the directory, e.g. permissions
are rwxrwxrwx.

My Django app runs under mod_wsgi using Apache. I have a Django view
triggers a signal and the signal is supposed to delete a cache for the
requesting user. However, the signal uses os.path.isdir and refuses to
"see" the directory. os.path.exists fails to see the directory as well.
Attempts to delete the directory using shutils.rmtree also fail because I
assume it can't for some reason stat the directory.

I have no idea why the signal can't delete the directory - can anyone point
anything obvious out? Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b76a0cd4-03d1-4cb3-9ae9-b8d67352a344%40googlegroups.com.