Dear Daniel and Carl,

thanks for your advice. However I'm a bit confused now. So in general you
recommend that I follow the guide for substituting my own custom model but
at the same time Carl is warning me that overwriting AUTH_USER_MODEL is
quite painful for an existing application (right now I haven't really done
much except basic Models and some Views and Forms), but as I read the guide
that is exactly what I have to do when using my own custom Model.

I will still try to get it to work somehow. Are all the tutorials found on
the internet for Django 1.5 still valid with 1.7?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b07fd60f-ae16-4f51-8cb7-dcabd53d12f1%40googlegroups.com.