Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how a ManyToMany Relation work.

My Example:

class Category(models.Model):
        class Admin:
                pass

        class Meta:
                ordering = ('sort', 'name')

        name = models.CharField(maxlength=250, default='')
        description = models.TextField(default='')
        created_at = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)
        modified_at = models.DateTimeField(auto_now=True)

        categories = models.ManyToManyField('self')

The problem ist then I'm trying to create the first category
over the Admin interface, the interface tells me that
categories is required.

So I can't create the first set to drop the error becaus I need
the first set to create them.

Can any one give me a hint whats wrong ?

Kindly regards

Lutz