Andrew,

Thanks for the shoutout as a reviewer.  Would be better to
link it to my one-many company's corporate site than to
just my links page.  Use:  http://bristle.com

I'm re-posting my privately emailed comments on the latest
version here so people can find them as part of this thread.

Looks good!

You did a great job of explaining the bits that I previously
didn't get:
- Relationship of INSTALLED_APPS to App Registry
- History of the App Registry
- AppCache, Apps, AppConfig
- apps.py
- Custom AppConfig

Also:
- app registry vs. master registry
- label vs. name in AppConfig
- Need for renamed imports
- Exact sed command to change an app's label
- AppConfig.ready()
- autodiscover()
- Apps restrictions (custom user model)

The Check Framework section is now also very clear, and it
seems to be very complete as well.  I like the iterative
approach you use: describing a simple way, then a problem,
then an enhancement that solves the problem, then another
problem, etc.  Nice job!  This will be very useful when I start
using the Check Framework to enforce coding standards for
my team when we move to Django 1.7 or 1.8.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:f...@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.