Hey everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone around the community has an interest in
discussing the possibility of adding a "MultiEmailField" to Django?

Here is what I found when roaming the internet:

https://github.com/fle/django-multi-email-field

Basically, the reason I care is because on my website I'm building the
ability to manage multiple e-mails on the user's profile. So on sites of
the caliber of facebook, google, twitter, and so on allow a person to have
multiple e-mails listed. Then for example select which one they want to be
their "primary" e-mail. My thoughts would be then which ever one my user
selects I would copy that selection from the "multiple email field
management view" to the django.auth.user "email" field. So basically
whatever they pick on my management for multiple emails set that to the
default email field on a Django user. That way for my code that uses the
django auth user email field for login handling (with the password) it can
verify if it shall allow that user to login. Again, this primary email is
the center of the entire users interaction in terms of authentication and I
am aiming to show them say a check mark next to which one they have chosen.
The rest of the e-mail addresses could serve other purposes. For sites like
facebook, google, etc they could be recovery email addresses, but for me I
would check the extensions. So for what I'm doing I would check within the
list of emails the user has if say it has the "vt.edu" extension if they
were trying to join a college community and so on.

So I think by now I've explained my reasoning behind wanting some sort of
multiple email field. I would use it to set which email is the primary as
well as allow them to add multiple emails to then verify their identities
but also use some for recovery of an account for example.

Does anyone agree with me that they would like to see this functionality
native in Django?

Thanks for your time,

JJ Zolper

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c206b3ed-c434-456d-b978-b7fe67c8d0bd%40googlegroups.com.