Hi,
I have tracked back through the messages in this group and examined the
documentation for version 1.7 of Django and I have a question.

The 1.7 documentation
(https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/howto/initial-data/)
describes the "Providing initial SQL data" functionality as deprecated. Is
that referring to using this hook for any SQL processing or just for the
clear to me if the entire hook for loading SQL code after the CREATE TABLE
statement is deprecated or whether it is just deprecated for initial data.
The deprecation comment refers to using Migrations to achieve the purpose,
I can do that, its just a bit more inconvenient than loading my sql
directly.

FWIW, my goal is to insert triggers into a few places in the database. I
would prefer triggers because I have non-Django processes that can interact
with the database and it is most robust for me to have the RDBMS itself
perform the work.

Anybody have a definitive understanding of the deprecation of the hook for

Thanks
Philip

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/02579470-4f77-43ce-b765-30ad2c53a03f%40googlegroups.com.