On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Andrea Zakowicz
<andreazakow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of the tools I've found is administered from commands and no template
> Django admin.
> What I want is to do  both operations from the manager but found nothing.
> Help!!
> For example, proven tools are auditlog and dbbackup.

Off the top of my head there are several reasons why there are few
tools (none that I know of/trust/use) in the DB backup space:

1) good DB management does not happen from a UI, it happens from an
automated system, which will run non interactive commands.
2) For any non trivial database, you aren't going to back it up in the
context of a single request- it should be handled outside the
request-response cycle. This sort of behaviour is not built in to
django - there are good packages that provide it, but why go to the
complexity given the points in 1).

There are plenty of audit trail packages that integrate with django
admin, since audit trails are simply model instances tracking changes
to other model instances. Keywords "django audit".

Cheers

Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFHbX1%2Bkdmxij8%3DqsyA50m67K96U%3D6Srq7teGs%3D12pmZtGGTWA%40mail.gmail.com.