Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> However, as suggested in the ticket, you can work around the problem
> by hand writing the schema yourself (or, in your case, inheriting some
> schema from elsewhere), then writing a Django model that replicates
> everything in your schema _except_ the mutliple primary key, and use
> 'unique_together' as a constraint to produce behaviour similar to a
> multiple primary key.

Yes, but don't I still need to specify a primary key in django? The
real issue is that neither of these primary keys are unique alone, just
together. I'm trying to add a primary key called id (just for django)
but I keep getting a Multiple primary key defined error.

ie:
alter table recorded add primary key(id);
or
alter table recorded add primary key(id, chanid, starttime);

also I can't just add the id column because I need to make it
auto_increment which can only be done on a primary key field. Anyone
have any ideas?