If you don't end up using Celery, another option for a periodic action is
to create a management command and schedule it to run with Task Scheduler
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383614%28v=vs.85%29.aspx).

Regards,
Michael Manfre

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/15c841a4-9c39-4cf0-9831-06fd24651844%40googlegroups.com.