Hi all,

New to Django so I was following along with the tutorial and can get to the
point of logging into the Administration portal (the main page works as
well).  Django is running with passenger in a virtualenv (python 2.7) on a
shared host.  I immediately receive a ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE   when I click log
in, regardless of whether or not the credentials are correct.  The db
records a session on a correct log in even though the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
remains.  I've confirmed the user is both is_active and is_staff using the
shell.

What's puzzling me is that the log in page loads the css files from the
STATIC_URL just fine, but there's nothing once served up the form is
submitted.  Any help would be appreciated.

settings.py file <http://pastebin.com/2pREigv8>

passenger_wsgi.py file:
#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
import sys,os
# Tell Passenger to run our virtualenv python
INTERP = "/home/<site>/djangoenv/bin/python"
if sys.executable != INTERP: os.execl(INTERP, INTERP, *sys.argv)
# Set up paths and environment variables
sys.path.append(os.getcwd())
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mynewsite.settings'
# Set the application
import django.core.handlers.wsgi
# Use paste to display errors
from paste.exceptions.errormiddleware import ErrorMiddleware
from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
application = get_wsgi_application()
application = ErrorMiddleware(application, debug=True)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1d1bebac-af1a-4953-b088-73c2333d2a26%40googlegroups.com.