On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Joris Benschop <joris.bensc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interesting point.
> In the backend the MARKID column is of type VARCHAR2(20 BYTE).  This is not
> something I can change. But it does seem that the bindvar method forces a
> unicode lookup onto an ascii table.
>
> Is there any way to make django get this field in ascii to test this theory?

Hi, I remember having lot of slowness in my 21M row table when I
discovered this issue: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11017

Not sure if that is any help. But I remember that when oracle drops to
implicit data type conversions things tend to get sideways.

--
Jani Tiainen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20150123122349.2b57919c%40jns42-l.w2k.keypro.fi.