+1 for easy-thumbnails.  We use it and it works great.  Allows
the user to upload images, optionally crop them during the
upload, manages the full-size and thumbnail files on the file
system with their names in the DB, etc.  All automatic and all
easy.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:f...@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.