Frankie Robertson wrote:
> Yes, dropping down is a good thing. You'll never be able to do
> everything with django's simple ORM. Raw SQL is a 'good thing',
> honest. Once we get SQLAlchemy we can drop to that some of the time
> but until then SQL is the way forward.

Slightly OT, but...

I'm curious how you would solve this problem using SQLAlchemy. I have
_many_ needs for aggregation, subselects, and other things that are not
easy or possible to do in Django's ORM, but I've never seen an ORM that
does this (without just providing some sort of pass-thru SQL).

I've been thinking about writing some wrappers/helpers/extensions to
the Django DB API to help with this but maybe its easier to just use
SQLAlchemy? Pointers or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dave