Hi James,
I manage to fixe my email issue. Basically what i am trying to do here is
to get the app to send an email to the a leave applicant when his/her leave
is approved by the department director and at the same time update the data
on the databases.

Here is my working view.py code for future referencing.

def coporateservices_authorized_Leave(request, id):
    if request.method == 'POST':
        a=newleave.objects.get(id=id)
        form = coporateservices_authoriseleave(request.POST, instance=a)
        if form.is_valid():
         form.save()
        to_emails = [u.email for u in
User.objects.filter(username__in=[a.username])]
        send_mail("RBV Leave Application Email Testing", "Your Leave
Application have been approved by"+" "+a.authorized_by1,
        "RBV eLeave <Rbv_eLeave_System>", to_emails)
        return render_to_response('thankyou.html')
    else:
        a=newleave.objects.get(id=id)
        form =  coporateservices_authoriseleave(instance=a)
        return render_to_response('coporate_services_leave_approvial.html',
{'form': form}, context_instance=RequestContext(request))

once again thank you very much for your help.

 Cheers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAPCf-y4aJYmh1zS--w5vdi6dPJpW_acruQY-JfWbtWUwFgOwHg%40mail.gmail.com.