On 17.02.2015 21:29, Carsten Fuchs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am 04.02.2015 um 18:26 schrieb Carsten Fuchs:
>> can apps that use migrations depend on unmigrated apps?
>
> Anyone please?
>
> It seems like this works in practice, but this still looks like a
> contradiction to me, and I would still be interested in some feedback
> for a firmer foundation for ongoing work…

This is all covered in Djangos documentation...
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/topics/migrations/#dependencies

Let me paste the relevant parts for you:

»Be aware, however, that unmigrated apps cannot depend on migrated apps,
by the very nature of not having migrations. This means that it is not
generally possible to have an unmigrated app have a ForeignKey or
ManyToManyField to a migrated app; some cases may work, but it will
eventually fail.

Warning: Even if things appear to work with unmigrated apps depending on
migrated apps, Django may not generate all the necessary foreign key
constraints.«

br.
Michael

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/54E3B622.80103%40fsfe.org.