On 03/06/2015 01:30 PM, Kaloian wrote:
Hi Erik, and thanks for the help.

Well it appears to be a permission issue after all, but I really cannot understand why. I tried to change the directory for the sock file from /webapps/my-app/run/gunicorn.sock to /sockets/gunicorn.sock and gunicorn started normally. I tried to give full permissions to /webapps/my-app/run/ but still no success. I never tried to create the sock file myself and the /webapps/my-app/run/ dir is empty all the time. I cannot understand what is stopping gunicorn from creating the sock file in this directory.

Did you try to sudo to the user running gunicorn and creating the socket?
Some hints:
- The user can't access the directory cause he is not allowed to index one of his parent
- The user isn't in one of the new group cause he is logged in
- ... ?

Most of the time sudo to the user is useful for me

Regards,
Kaloian

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 10:47:41 AM UTC+2, Erik Cederstrand wrote:

    > Den 26/02/2015 kl. 07.56 skrev Kaloian <kaloian...@gmail.com
    <javascript:>>:

    > Hi Erik,
    >
    > No it doesn't start at all, running the gunicorn_start script
    gives:

    > [ERROR] Retrying in 1 second.
    > [ERROR] Retrying in 1 second.
    > [ERROR] Retrying in 1 second.
    > [ERROR] Retrying in 1 second.
    > [ERROR] Retrying in 1 second.
    > [ERROR] Can't connect to /path/to/my/gunicorn.sock
    >
    > This is why I thought that the missing sock file is failing it
    to start. Do you think it could be something else?
    > I have already tried to add the absolute path in gunicorn_start
    but nothing changed.

    A UNIX socket is like a TCP connection, except it's represented as
    a file. gunicorn is supposed to create it on startup and destroy
    it on shutdown, and it shouldn't be present when gunicorn is not
    running.

    Maybe you tried to create /path/to/my/gunicorn.sock yourself, and
    the file is now garbage? Try deleting it. Otherwise, another
    instance of gunicorn may be running already. Try "ps aux | grep
    gunicorn" or "lsof -U | grep gunicorn" if you're on Linux. Also,
    the user running gunicorn_start must have access to create files
    in /path/to/my/

    Erik

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/59fe3b92-d9d7-4e03-b8f3-b0be1c355d78%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/59fe3b92-d9d7-4e03-b8f3-b0be1c355d78%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/54F9C13C.7000101%40arkade.info.