Does the site load when accessing it from your own browser (or better yet,
from a different machine connected to the Internet)? Are you pasting in an
http://127.0.0.1:8000 address? If so, that won't work with tools like
responsinator.com. Your site will need to be publicly accessible on the
Internet before that service can work for you. If you are running the
Django development server (runserver), then your site is only available to
you on your local machine by default (unless you pass in extra options and
do other funny things with firewalls, etc.)

I use the Web Developer toolbar for Firefox. It includes the ability to
view your pages in multiple pane sizes to test responsiveness (pretty close
to how responsinator displays it), as well as many other useful tools. It
also works just dandy using the Django runserver, since I'm developing and
running the development server on the same machine where I'm doing my
initial responsive testing. Highly recommended.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciVxgBdT%3DigGK%2BjbBAcvCu8uecs%2BZuMvZc4b8yjh_0K3yQ%40mail.gmail.com.