Hello,

After working on a project and having around 10 migrations per app,
I wanted to refactor some migrations (of the same app) into only one
and have a faster migrations while testing.

I did squashmigrations on many of the migrations, but the resulting
squased migration is still pretty slow (around 6 seconds to create 4
tables on MySQL 5.5 without any data inserted).

After looking at the migrations, there is some CreateModel(name='XXXX')
and after the table creation some AddField on the same table/models...

I would like to know if it's safe to change the migrations by hand? Is
there a reason the squashmigrations didn't refactor into only CreateModel
without AddField then?

Thanks

aRkadeFR

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/553A87EB.9080506%40arkade.info.