Indeed I can! It looks like I'm going to use Polymaps instead, but the
magic I was looking for was djgeojson.views.TiledGeoJSONLayerView.
I think. It's quite slow, so I might wind up generating them in batch.
Maybe that's why there wasn't such an obvious answer....

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20150514175803.GA11420%40d1stkfactory.