On my localhost where I have django 1.6.2, the admin/auth/user/ page has a
search box and filter; when I click a specific user for "Change user", I
can change the user's password using
admin/auth/user/3/password/;
On a different machine that has django 1.6. 5, the admin/auth/user/ page
does not have the search box and filter.  When I click a user, there is no
link to send me to the change password form. If I manually use the
admin/auth/user/3/password/ link, it generates 404 error.
However, when I check the relevant source code of class UserAdmin, 1.6.2
and 1.6.5 seem to the same, e.g.
they both have the following:

    def get_urls(self):
        from django.conf.urls import patterns
        return patterns('',
            (r'^(\d+)/password/$',
             self.admin_site.admin_view(self.user_change_password))
        ) + super(UserAdmin, self).get_urls()

So why doesn't the password link show up on 1.6.5?  Is there any setting
that's disabling the UserAdmin defined in contrib/auth/admin.py?
My code has not customized UserAdmin.
A friend of mine is using 1.6.11 and has the same problem.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/7311722f-401c-41dc-a7da-08216a0a13c5%40googlegroups.com.