> I am creating a string inside the view that will be use in the template on
> the javascript.
> my string in python contains &   and I print the view and works fine,  but
> when is send to the template I don get &amp.
>
> is there something magical about &   ?  or any hint on how to make it
> work?  thanks guys.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a432f1b0-5042-4b4a-a7ff-57e92ce539be%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a432f1b0-5042-4b4a-a7ff-57e92ce539be%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Yes &amp; is & when it is HTML encoded. You will get the same problem if
you try to send "<b>Bold text</b>" to a template, it will become the HTML
equivalent. All strings sent from your view function / class to the
template will be HTML encoded UNLESS you use safestring strings:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/utils/#module-django.utils.safestring

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALXYUbkWtEDzmn4GjD0puhanC10Q9Wq0JoESd%3D71cNGuG7%3DWfw%40mail.gmail.com.