I have a project that I started, then decided I should apply a TDD
approach.

Well the user registration and login portion already works but I am
attempting to add some tests to it.
The user can register, is redirected back to the main page with a Login
button.

Here is the test code:

    def test_visitor_can_register_and_login_logout(self):
        self.browser.get(self.server_url)
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_register').click()
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_username').send_keys(TEST_USER)
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_email').send_keys(TEST_EMAIL)

self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_password1').send_keys(TEST_PASSWORD)

self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_password2').send_keys(TEST_PASSWORD)
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('submit_registration').click()
        time.sleep(10)
        ## Existing user is invited to login
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_login').click()
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_login').send_keys(TEST_USER)

self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_password').send_keys(TEST_PASSWORD)
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('log_me_in').click()

        ## test user is logged in and can logout
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_logout').click()
        self.browser.find_element_by_tag_name('button').click()
        ##redirected back to main page
        self.browser.find_element_by_id('id_login')

I see the main page load, the registration page loads and the inputs are
filled in.
When the submit_registion button is clicked I get a 500.  You can see I put
a sleep in there just so I could see it and verify that the process isn't
running too fast for the server to respond.

I originally had the registration and login in separate tests but I
understand that this might require TransactionTestCase ?  I am using
from django.test import LiveServerTestCase in this class.

I have one other test before that runs fine.

Any ideas?  Tips on troubleshooting this functional test?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2B%3DOU3Xv1Zz-6uSkUphtNa_kx-YbUbA2MOPn0wOUN-Bpm3sm%3DA%40mail.gmail.com.