Hi James thanks for the response...

this line: <td>{{item.customer_location.customer}}</td>

..... worked this morning and all last week  now gives this error:

RuntimeError at /sto/

maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

 Request Method: GET  Request URL: http://10.0.0.102:8080/sto/  Django
Version: 1.8  Exception Type: RuntimeError  Exception Value

maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

I can reproduce the encoding error but i forget how to get there at the moment

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bd0e074b-f45e-404b-87c7-919c2176d2dc%40googlegroups.com.