With Django 1.7 and Postgres I want to change the name of an app.

From my initial investigation it looks like I need to create a new app with the desired name and then blow the old one away after pumping the data across.

Then comes the refactoring.

At the moment I just use a vanilla text editor (Textpad) on Windows. However, based on my observation of the occasional IDE wars on this list I have lately been toying with the idea of teaching myself to use PyCharm.

Does anyone have any experience with app-renames and maybe some refactoring advice for me?

Maybe I don't even need to replace and destroy ...

Thanks

Mike

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/55769F2F.9070602%40dewhirst.com.au.