Here's one of the inclusion tags I wrote this morning for my blog date
navigation:

from django.template import Library,Node
from project.apps.news.models import Article

register = Library()

def articles_months(context):
     if context['year']:
         year = context['year']
     elif context['month']:
         year = context['month'].strftime("%Y")
     elif context['day']:
         year = context['day'].strftime("%Y")

     months = Article.objects.filter(time_added__year = year, status =
1, is_approved = True).dates(
             'time_added', 'month', order = 'DESC')
     if months:
         return { 'articles_months': months, }

register.inclusion_tag('news/widgets/articles_months_menu.html',
    takes_context = True)(articles_months)

It works fine if I view the year archive, but once I try to view a
monthly archive, I receive an error:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Request Method:         GET
Request URL:            http://am.ws.local/news/2005/10/
Exception Type:         KeyError
Exception Value:        'year'
Exception Location:
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/template/context.py in
__getitem__, line 40

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What am I doing wrong?