Hmm.  What's the exact error you are getting?  I'm running the code on
3 different boxes (2 Win XP Pro and 1 Windows Server 2003) against
MSDE and SQL Server 2000 without issues.  What system and server are
you using?

You should be able to use either manage.py in the project directory or
django-admin.py in the directory below the project directory.
Remember to run django-admin.py with the --settings option so it knows
where to look for your settings file.

Sean